I spoke to my cooperating teacher about the research project and she said that she did not have the authority to say yes or no. She told me that she would present the research project to the principle and let me know what happened on Wednesday when I come in for my next observation.
I met and spoke with my cooperating teacher on Friday 2/12. She is keen on the project but will need to present it to the principle and review it over the break so I won't see her til next Friday.
According to Phyllis Hunter, a nationally recognized educational consultant in reading, reading is “the new civil right.” Literacy is the key that allows us to access our rights as Americans, including the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness.
I met with my cooperating teacher last friday for the first time, it was suppose to be thursday but schools were closed due to the snow. She didn't have either of the two ESL students friday because they were participating in a valentine's day party!! Well we both discussed and introduced ourselves and then I presented the project to her. However she really did not agree to the idea, I think she felt kind of overwhlemed. She only works part-time so the time she spends with her two students is very valuable, and when she does spend the time she says she hardly gets done what she would like to. She is also fairly new, I think this is only her second year so she even admitted she felt a little nervous having me observe. I said it was not a problem, that I could still do the project and she doesn't have to agree with it. I don't know if she will speak to the principle about it but she said they most likely wouldn't allow it anyway! Well, she is very nice and I am happy to be observing with her, she has a first grader and a second grader, one of which is Spanish and the other from Pakistan. I haven't met them yet and didn't make a decision on which one I will be observing. My next observation will be tuesday the 23rd since they are on vacation this week! I look forward to a wonderful experience!
I was quite optimistic on being able to conduct the research project with my ELL student from last semester after receiving the approval from both the cooperating teacher (resource room) as well as the parents. Unfortunately, I ran into a roadblock because the Principal of Franklin Elementary School would not allow me to publish the work of any student. "It is strictly against school policy". I'm a bit dissapointed but I have to abide by their policies.
I spoke to my cooperating teacher about the research project and she said that she did not have the authority to say yes or no. She told me that she would present the research project to the principle and let me know what happened on Wednesday when I come in for my next observation.
ReplyDeleteI met and spoke with my cooperating teacher on Friday 2/12. She is keen on the project but will need to present it to the principle and review it over the break so I won't see her til next Friday.
ReplyDeleteAccording to Phyllis Hunter, a nationally recognized educational consultant in reading, reading is “the new civil right.” Literacy is the key that allows us to access our rights as Americans, including the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness.
ReplyDeleteI met with my cooperating teacher last friday for the first time, it was suppose to be thursday but schools were closed due to the snow. She didn't have either of the two ESL students friday because they were participating in a valentine's day party!! Well we both discussed and introduced ourselves and then I presented the project to her. However she really did not agree to the idea, I think she felt kind of overwhlemed. She only works part-time so the time she spends with her two students is very valuable, and when she does spend the time she says she hardly gets done what she would like to. She is also fairly new, I think this is only her second year so she even admitted she felt a little nervous having me observe. I said it was not a problem, that I could still do the project and she doesn't have to agree with it. I don't know if she will speak to the principle about it but she said they most likely wouldn't allow it anyway! Well, she is very nice and I am happy to be observing with her, she has a first grader and a second grader, one of which is Spanish and the other from Pakistan. I haven't met them yet and didn't make a decision on which one I will be observing. My next observation will be tuesday the 23rd since they are on vacation this week! I look forward to a wonderful experience!
ReplyDeleteI was quite optimistic on being able to conduct the research project with my ELL student from last semester after receiving the approval from both the cooperating teacher (resource room) as well as the parents. Unfortunately, I ran into a roadblock because the Principal of Franklin Elementary School would not allow me to publish the work of any student. "It is strictly against school policy". I'm a bit dissapointed but I have to abide by their policies.
ReplyDelete